Like any other type of case, holding a daycare accountable for a child’s injuries depends on the specific facts. Generally you must prove that the daycare was careless.
An experienced attorney will investigate a number of factors while you do the most important thing: making sure your injured child gets proper medical care and gets on the road to recovery. Here are 6 things a good attorney will consider:
- What exactly caused your child’s fall? Was it an invisible defect such as a recently waxed floor without any warning signs?
- Were the daycare workers or owners aware of the dangerous condition? You may have a strong case if other children have fallen before and nothing was done to fix the unsafe area.
- Did improper supervision of your child cause her injuries? If the responsible adult was on her cell phone, instead of watching out of your child’s safety, this could be important for your case.
- Does the daycare have enough adults to properly protect children’s safety? A safe ratio of adults/children is key. Specific regulations in your jurisdiction should be investigated.
- Was your child injured using dangerous playground equipment or toys? For instance, daycares should make sure that children are not exposed to broken and dangerous toys with sharp edges.
- What did the daycare do after your child fell? Did they make sure that proper first aid and medical care was provided? Sometimes what happens after a fall can be vitally important to your case.
Many child injuries are the fault of careless daycares. Contact Ken for a free evaluation to see if you have a case. Not only can having an experienced child injury lawyer help hold a dangerous daycare responsible for its conduct, it can help prevent similar injuries from happening to another child.